Thursday, April 4, 2013

Visitation to Central Market

I missed the class trip because I had back-to-back classes. So I went instead with my friend, Vivian because I had a 3-hour break time. The trip was refreshing (although I was actually sweating due to the heat) because it's been a very long time since I last took public transport to anywhere.

Here's some of the pictures I took on that day when I went to Central Market:



Exactly 125 years! Wow



Saw some scouts outside. 



Tourists.






This is an elevator! Super cute design.




Tourist, tourist, tourist everywhere.



Visited the Annexe Gallery section in Central Market, didn't take much picture there cause mostly the owners didn't allow. There were a lot to see, and all are for sale. Sadly, I don't think I could afford to buy any of them at the moment.

It's been years since I last went to Central Market and I'm surprised with the things that they sell here. The things here are considerably cheap, I was expecting them to be expensive since it's a tourist hotspot.

One thing I realized from visiting Central Market is that tourists (mostly Westerners) seems to appreciate art more than us. They want to learn more about our culture. Honestly, how often do we find ourselves in art galleries, let alone admiring art in Kuala Lumpur? There's a lot of things around us that we don't pay attention to. But these little details are the ones that make life wonderful. : ) Imagine yourself in a world without colours and details, it will all become dull.

Also, graffiti is usually frowned-upon and seen as a form of vandalism. But as I looked at Pasar Seni LRT station, I find that it's a form of expression that everyone yearns. It's good that graffiti artists can have a canvas to work on here, legally. It's also a good sign that Malaysia is learning to embrace art even more. I'm happy. : )






No comments:

Post a Comment